Tatiana Clouthier will be the new Secretary of the Economy, announced this Monday President Andrés Manuel López Obrador in his morning conference. This is because Graciela Márquez Colín , current Secretary of the Economy, will be proposed by AMLO to the Governing Board of the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (Inegi).
The changes do not have to do with “a gender quota. It has to do with the need to have men and women characterized by honesty in public service,” said the national president.
We tell you in 13 points the trajectory of Clouthier.
- Tatiana Clouthier Carrillo was born on August 12, 1964 in Culiacán, Sinaloa.
- Her parents were Leticia Carrillo and the former candidate for the presidency for the National Action Party, Manuel Clouthier ‘Maquío’ , who participated in the electoral contest in 1988. She has 11 siblings, among them the politician Manuel Clouthier Carrillo.
- She has a degree in English from the Tecnológico de Monterrey and a master’s degree in Public Administration from the Autonomous University of Nuevo León (UANL).
- From 1982 to 1994 she was a professor of English, Mexican History and Socioeconomic Studies in schools such as the Tecnológico de Monterrey and the Centro Universitario México (CUM).
- Between 1989 and 1997 he held various positions in the public administration in San Pedro Garza García, Nuevo León. Clouthier Carrillo served as director of Human Settlements, assistant in the Secretariat of Primary Services and director of Tourism, Education and Sports.
The positions were held during the administrations of former mayors Mauricio Fernández Garza (1989-1991), Rogelio Garza Zambrano (1992-1994) and Fernando Margáin Berlanga (1994-1997).
- From 1997 to 2001 she was coordinator of Higher Secondary Education and Social Service at the Nuevo León Education Secretariat, during the Government of Fernando Canales Clariond.
- From 1991 to 2005, Clouthier Carrillo was part of the PAN , a party with which she was a deputy twice, from 1991 to 1994 and from 2003 to 2005. When she resigned from the PAN, she launched herself as an independent legislator.
- In 2009 she founded Evolución Mexicana , where she also serves as a director. The objective of this organization is to promote citizen participation and accountability.
- She is the author of the books Chronicle of an announced fraud (1992), in co-edition with Jesús Cantú and Cuauhtémoc Rivera, Curul 206, a vision of Congress (2006), Maquío, my father (2007), and Parejas-Parejas (2017 ), made in conjunction with Valeria Guerra
- In 2017, he joined the project of the then presidential candidate, Andrés Manuel López Obrador.
- Up to now she has served as a federal deputy for Morena.
- In October, he ruled out going for the governorship of Nuevo León . “What I say is that I have to stay to work in the national scheme, it is where I contribute more to the country, it is where I contribute more to Nuevo León and I stay working in the national scheme,” he said on Milenio Televisión .
- Replaces Graciela Márquez in the Ministry of Economy , who was proposed to the Governing Board of the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (Inegi).