Buying furniture for a large house isn’t a hard nut to crack if you have the budget to buy furniture. On the other hand, buying furniture for a condo is a headache for buyers. People who live in the condo have a small space, but they need furniture to meet their needs for a living. It is understandable you can’t put large furniture items in a condo. If you do, you will restrict more space and won’t have the freedom to move around, too. Fortunately, you can buy condo furniture in Toronto from esteemed furniture stores, such as Buona Furniture.
Still, choosing condo furniture isn’t easy when you have limited residential space. Nevertheless, you can choose the right furniture pieces for your condo if you consider the following elements for furniture:
- Furniture Size
Moreover, there are dos and don’ts to invest in condo furniture. You should also stick to them while you buy condo furniture from a furniture store. Let us share those dos and don’ts with you to help you choose the right furniture for your condo:
Do’s to Choose the Right Furniture for a Condo in Toronto
Here are the dos you should stick to while choosing furniture for a condo in Toronto:
- Choose Furniture in the Right Size: One of the major things you have to consider while choosing condo furniture is the size. You have a small space; thus, you will need to choose furniture in the appropriate size for your condo. Additionally, you should know your needs for furniture, too, before choosing furniture for a condo. Here are some of the dos that can help you choose condo furniture in the right size:
- Purchase a 2-seater sofa instead of a 3-seater sofa
- Invest in the side tables that you can put together rather than buying a large coffee table
- Buy a bench that you can easily tuck into the dining table in place of chairs
Hence, the bottom line is to avoid all bulky furniture items when considering the size of your condo furniture.
- Choose Multifunctional Furniture: You can’t put many furniture items in a condo because of the confined space. Nonetheless, you have the option to purchase multifunctional furniture from a furniture store. Luckily, you can buy multipurpose furniture items from modern furniture stores in Toronto. Make sure you choose a reliable furniture store for the purpose, no matter you buy furniture online or offline. The following dos can help you choose from and buy the right multipurpose condo furniture in Toronto from a furniture store:
- Purchase a coffee table with storage or shelves beneath
- Invest in an Ottoman or a bench with a storage space
- Buy a convertible coffee table that you can transform into a dining table or a desk
- Consider buying a bookshelf of length that reaches the ceiling from the floor
- If you choose to buy an Ottoman, buy one that can double as a tray
- Keep the Consistent Flow in Your Condo and Choose Furniture Accordingly: When you are decorating a condo, you will want your home furnishings to reflect your interior space. Here are the dos to create a consistent flow in your condo and buy condo furniture subsequently:
- Create a persistent colour scheme all through the space you have.
- Opt for lighter colours for your walls. For example, light & grey tones go well with the eggshell finish for every paint colour.
- Add some interest to your residential space with a monochromatic scheme.
- Choose the same type of flooring for your whole space.
- Add some colour to your condo with the aid of accent pieces.
- Bring some plants in your condo to give it some energy & flow.
Don’ts to Choose the Right Furniture for a Condo in Toronto
Here are the don’ts you should adhere to while buying furniture for a condo in Toronto:
- Don’t Block Open Spaces: You shouldn’t block off your condo space to make your space look larger. Therefore, you shouldn’t buy any room dividers. Also, consider glass as the material for furniture instead of wood.
- Don’t Buy Furniture Contingent on Builder Floor Plan: You shouldn’t rely on a builder floor plan to choose condo furniture. Instead, you should analyze your condo and take proper measurements beforehand to invest in condo furniture. You may ask the builder for architectural floor plans to take accurate measurements of your condo space.
Also, make sure you don’t forget about the lighting to make your condo appear larger. Thus, invest in table lamps, get light fixtures with LED lighting, and stick to track lighting to control light shine.
Choosing furniture for a condo isn’t easy because of the small space. Nevertheless, you can purchase the right condo furniture in Toronto to decorate your condo while keeping the following dos in mind:
- Choose Furniture in the Right Size
- Choose Multifunctional Furniture
- Keep the Consistent Flow in Your Condo and Choose Furniture Accordingly
Lastly, don’t choose furniture that restricts open spaces and also don’t buy furniture based on a builder floor plan.