These inventions and technologies were impossible to imagine until recently, what awaits us in the future?
In the last decade there have been great technological advances that changed the digital world, from autonomous robots, 3D organ printing, Artificial Intelligence, 5G connection to folding mobile phones.
What was invented the year you were born? This website tells you about the advances that came to the world at the same time as you.
We live in a technological age where we could think that everything is already invented, right? Well, it is not like that, some devices that seem to have come out of science fiction movies have become a reality, however, every year new advances appear that surprise all users.
The most revolutionary and striking inventions
The first tests of the fabric have already been carried out.
This new fabric can lower body temperature by up to five degrees
● Smart clothing: Can you imagine that our clothing has incorporated technology ? Some companies have been working with smart fabrics for some time to create pants or t-shirts that can collect data about our body , such as heart rate, oxygen or blood sugar level, and body temperatures (among other options).
Ten years ago this invention could become impossible, however, there are already technological garments available in the fashion market . At the moment they have quite high prices, although it is expected that in the future they will be lowered so that users can use them on a daily basis.
● Folding mobiles: The 2019 Mobile World Congress confirmed that folding mobiles were going to be a trend in the future. Samsung and Huawei are two of the big brands that bet on presenting their flexible devices , generating a lot of expectation among users – we all thought that when it was time to fold it, the screen would break. Most of these phones are priced high because of OLED technology that reacts to electrical stimulation.
Patient treatments would be more agile with these technologies.
Can technology eliminate traditional medicine? 3D printing and artificial intelligence threaten its existence
● 3D organ implants: Thanks to 3D printers, it has been possible to help in the health field to provide bioprinting. This term may sound like a novelty to us, but the truth is that it has been providing successful results for a long time. Applications of this type of technology are focused on printing organs and various tissues that are intended for surgical procedures and transplants . Although most of them are still in testing, their advantages are obvious because patients can be given a ‘second life’.
These technologies seemed impossible a couple of years ago
● Artificial Intelligence: Considering that it has had a lot of impact, some users think that Artificial Intelligence (AI) could take jobs away from humans because of automated tasks that work through algorithms. This technology can think and act like any of us and is used in the fields of robotics, healthcare, games, computing, etc.
10 things you didn’t know could be done in Dropbox
● The cloud: Few photo albums can we see in our homes today, behind were the photographs on paper that reflected our summer vacations, but where have all those images gone? Indeed, they are stored in a mass storage system on the network that allows you to save and access all your multimedia content thanks to the Internet connection .
As you can imagine, thousands of users use the technology of companies such as Google and Apple to have easy access to their photos, in addition, these clouds allow you to generate backup copies to avoid losing all the information you have saved.
● Augmented reality and virtual reality: Part of the latest technological advances related to the world of video games have been augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) to generate sensations and sensory and emotional reactions.
With VR you completely immerse yourself in a virtual world , that is, you are inside your favorite video game (such as Call Of Duty or Resident Evil) to fulfill the missions, come on, you are one more and you see everything as if it were the real world. On the other hand, thanks to AR you can complement your environment (the one you see every day) with digital objects , so you could use this technology to see how a piece of furniture would look in your room.
● Bluetooth : Do you remember that before we used to pass photos, songs and videos through the mobile infrared ? We had to wait a long time for the file to be passed and we had to place the phones in front of a short distance to avoid losing the connection. Thanks to the advent of Bluetooth , we can wirelessly transmit data and voice between devices that are within a radius of ten meters – generally.
The first uses were associated with mobiles, since they were the first devices to incorporate the protocol. Years later, this wireless technology is present today in smartphones , tablets, laptops, mice, keyboards, printers, headphones, televisions, consoles, etc.
● 4G and 5G connections : All our devices connect to the network that caused revolution and was a great technological milestone 30 years ago. In 2009, the 4G connection was introduced that allowed full access to the Internet with a significant data transfer to quickly log into our social networks and watch TV online from our homes.
Years later, 5G was born as the name of the new generation of mobile technology, because it improves bandwidth, latency and the ability to have more devices connected so that everyone has the same Internet speed. However, it seems that we are going further, in 2030 the 6G network will reach our mobiles and computers with better connectivity services.